Posted: September 1, 2011 Filed under: Case Studies, cash for your story, Magazine story, national newspaper story | Tags: be in a feature, Jilted bride, jilted groom, sell story
At Featureworld I am always searching for new stories to put up to editors of national newspapers, women’s magazines and TV.
Do you have a story to sell?
But what I am searching for varies from time to time – depending on the time of year and what is in the news. Have a look here to see if you can help with one of these stories I have been asked for over the past few days…
* Jilted brides and grooms. Following soapstar Jessie Wallace’s wedding that never was, I am searching for anyone who has a similar story. Perhaps their partner cancelled their wedding on the day or just days before the ceremony. It might have been a devastating experience but the bonus is jilted brides or grooms can always sell their story…
* Post-holiday stories – love rats from holiday, holiday romance stories, nightmare holiday stories from this year’s holiday.
* Christmas stories – yes it might only be September but incredibly I sold a story for Christmas to a magazine at the beginning of August – and many mags are already sorting out their seasonal pages.
* X-Factor stories – anything involving this popular show is sought after by showbiz on newspapers – and in fact although it is only the beginning of this series, I already placed one X Factor story in the Daily Star last week. Now I am being asked for more…
* Weight loss stories with great photos and an inspirational story behind them.
* A number of TV production companies have contacted me over the past week searching for people to star in reality TV shows. To browse the shows currently casting for new talent, click here: Get me on TV
To see more ‘asks’ from magazines and newspapers click here: Stories wanted
To find out more about the process of selling your story click here: How it works
And if you want to sell your story then contact me here: Sell My Story
Posted: August 7, 2011 Filed under: alcohol addiction, binge drinking, Case Studies, sell story to TV, sell story TV, sell your story, Story in The Sun | Tags: be on TV, Case study, Case Study Link, Casting Opportunities, Find a case study, Find Case Study
Interviewee Gill Fletcher appeared in THE SUN newspaper as a case study yesterday contributing to a much larger story on ‘the new alcoholics’.
Case study: Gill's story was part of a bigger feature
Every day I receive requests from editors and researchers on national newspapers, magazines and TV shows asking for a case study. This is someone whose real-life story is usually run as part of a bigger feature or alongside a news story – and readers and viewers like them as they give the very human aspect to a story.
I have sold Gill’s story
before – and so when a request came in just after lunch from The Sun newspaper on Friday, I immediately thought of her. I sent Gill a text asking if she would be happy for me to send her story to The Sun. She was – and later, at 5pm that day, a photographer popped to her home to do a photo.
As with all interviewees whose stories are placed as case studies, there is always a Featureworld payment for their time. And if you want to be a case study, I don’t need to have sold your story before – many people come via my Featureworld Casting Directory.
There, you can sign up to free alerts from editors and TV researchers, applying to the case study requests that interest you for free.
Meanwhile, just as interviewees such as Gill can be sure of a personal service, so can editors and TV producers. I am not signed to any case study link service but offer a finding case study service to put publications and TV researchers in contact with prospective interviewees. For more details click here: Case Study Finding Service.
Requests for newspapers, magazines and TV, are sent out to interviewees signed up on the Featureworld Casting Directory.
Meanwhile TV researcher’s requests are also show-cased on their own very popular page: Casting Opportunities.